Sunday, November 16, 2008

Being F1 world champion makes Lewis Hamilton the special one

Lewis Hamilton with his F1 trophies (Pictures courtesy of www.mclaren.com)
Lewis Hamilton with his F1 trophies (Pictures courtesy of www.mclaren.com)

WORLD champion Lewis Hamilton is already looking ahead to next season when he will drive with number one on his McLaren car.

After being kicked out of the constructors' championship at the end of the 2007 season following the 'spygate' affair, Vodafone McLaren Mercedes were handed numbers 22 and 23 for the 2008 campaign.

However, as Formula 1 champion, Tewin race hero Hamilton will proudly have one painted on the front of his machine next year.

Looking ahead of the 2009 FIA World Championship, 23-year-old Hamilton said: "I won't have number 22 on my car next year, I'll have the number one - and that's the coolest thing ever!


Lewis Hamilton
Lewis Hamilton


"And I want to have an even stronger season next year.

"I want to train hard over the winter; I really want to be at the peak of my fitness when we turn up in Australia next year.

"But I want to move everything forwards and I think I've learnt plenty over the last two years that will allow me to build and learn from my experiences.

"You learn from your mistakes and I want to continue to grow as a driver.

"I would like to have the most complete season of my career next year."

* Buy this week's WHTimes for a pull out commemorative poster celebrating Lewis Hamilton's F1 world title success.

There is also a special Lewis Hamilton colouring competition for children to enter.

Source